Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A.B.C.

Many in our society and around the world face situations that can bring a sense of hopelessness. This feeling doesn't come over night, but comes through a process of troubling events.

One thing I have learned over the years is no matter how bad things seem to get there is always hope.

God tells us in the Holy Bible:
Ecclesiastes 9:4   Anyone who is among the living has hope.
Jeremiah 31:17   There is hope for your future.

The hope that comes through Jesus Christ is not just for our life journey on this Earth but for life after this journey ends. That’s Blessed Hope! A hope that is for every person. Receiving that hope is as easy as A,B,C.

A. Admit you are a sinner.

 
Romans 3:10,23   There is no one righteous, not even one ... for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Romans 5:8   But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 6:23   For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ask God to forgive you.
Romans 10:13   Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

B. Believe in Jesus
(Put your trust in Him as your only hope of salvation.)

 John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:6   Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Become a child of God by receiving Christ.
John 1:12  To all who receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.

Revelation 3:20   Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

C. Confess that Jesus is your Lord.

1 John 1:9   If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 10:9-10   If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Prayer
                                           
Lord Jesus, I have done so many things in my life that have offended you. Sins that I am ashamed of. I have read these versed and You said, If I confess my sins you would forgive me. So, right now I confess I have sinned (Now name those to Jesus.) I ask you to forgive me. (With each one you name, ask Him to forgive you.) I invite you to come into my heart and help me, teach me how to live a life pleasing to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Prayer is nothing more than talking to God like you would talk to your best friend. He wants you to get to know Him. He already knows everything about you and He loves you!


If you have questions concerning your eternal future or if you would like a Bible, please contact me at: Mckinleyclm@gmail.com. You can also contact:

 

426 Laurelwood Road
Pottstown, Pa 19465
610-323-0480

Feel free to e-mail me at:








No comments: