Saturday, November 24, 2012

So Much To Be Thankful For


Psalm 100 
New International Version

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.

 Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Have you ever been so excited, so thankful for something that you let out a loud shout? Well that is exactly what the writer of this Psalm is telling us to do. To "Shout to the Lord" ... not shout at Him. There is a difference.

Even in the midst of difficult times there is always something to be thankful for if one looks hard enough.

I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father.  His love is unconditional and he has proven his faithfulness to me over and over throughout the years.

I'm also thankful for my husband. His love for Jesus goes deep and that reflects on how he loves me. He is grounded in the Word of God and has been a wonderful role modal to our two sons and now our grandchildren. Many times he has kept me focused, which is not always an easy thing to do, on the task at hand; protecting me from overload. Truly I am blessed.

I am thankful for my family. There are times I miss the days when my sons were small. But I rejoice in the now! Even as they have faced challenging times in their lives, they too are strong men of God. I am so proud of them.

My daughter-in-law has brought me great joy as well. It's so nice to finally have another woman in the house!

My grandson, I could go on forever, but I won't, is the joy of my live. soon that joy will increase even more as in March we will welcome another grandson into our family.

I am also thankful for my church family. Calvary Christian Center has been our home for the past twenty years. Each person who walks through those doors has touched my heart in a personal way. Those who attend are not just acquaintances, they are family and I love each and everyone of them dearly.

I pray for you and your family during this holiday season. As you reflect back over this past year may you remember all you have to be thankful for.


Drop me an e-mail and let me know what you are thankful for.

 426 Laurelwood Road
Pottstown, PA 19465
610-323-0480

Feel free to e-mail me at:
 

No comments: