Friday, March 29, 2013

Point Of No Return

If you were to go a short distance upstream from Niagara Falls you would find signs posted that read, "DANGER! This is the point of NO return!" Any person or thing that crosses that point of the river will go over the Falls.

Jesus Christ experienced this Point of No Return as He knelt at the Mount of Olives to pray.  The hour was getting late and He knew His time was short. 

Here is what Luke says about this crucial time in Jesus' life:

Luke 22:39-43    Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

Jesus knew what lay ahead for Him...He knew the pain and agony that would soon be placed upon Him.
Making the decision to set aside His wishes, He crossed the line by surrendering to the Father's will. Once that decision was made, there was no turning back.

I too have faced challenging times in my life, yet nothing as horrendous as Jesus dying on the cross. However, there have been many times where I struggled with what I wanted versus what God wanted.  

Surrendering to God's will is a choice that I must make when situations arise. Once I choose to go God's way, I determine in my heart that no matter what lies ahead I can trust God to take care of it. I can do that today because He has proven Himself faithful in the past.

Jeremiah 29:11  says: "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

So, what decision is before you today? What choice do you need to make? Let me encourage you to give God a chance to prove His faithfulness to you.

 

All Scripture used in my blogs comes from
the Word of God which is the Holy Bible


426 Laurelwood Road
Pottstown, PA 19465
610-323-0480
www.calvarychristian.info

Feel free to e-mail me:
Cindy Mckinley at:
mckinleyclm@gmail.com

Check out some of my other blogs:

 

 


No comments: