Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spending Time With God

Power of Prayer

I got up early one morning and rushed into the day;
I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me, and heavier came each task.
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He answered, "You
          didn't  ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on, gray and
          bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me. He said, "But you didn't ask."

I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided, "My child, you didn't knock."

I work up early this morning, and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish that I had to take they time to pray.

--- Author Unknown

We have all heard it said, "People do what they want to do."

There was a time in my life when I would allow the 'To Do' list to consume my day. How easy it is to fall into the trap of doing what is urgent instead of what is important. Once again it all comes down to choices. 

I have come to know there is nothing more rewarding than spending time alone with God. He know all about me, the good and the bad and yet He still loves me. 

Spending time with Him and reading His Word has made me the person I am today. I often say, "I may not be where I want to be but praise God I am not where I was!" 

Where are you today? Do you wish you could be closer to God? Do you wish you could have peace in your heart and healing from all the hurt and pain you have experienced in your life? Well you can...As you start spending time with God talking to Him, listening to Him and Obeying His Word, The Bible you will soon find your life changing...changing for the better.

If you would like to know more about how to spend time along with God  check out my blog on 'How To Talk To God'

Think about it, God, the creator of the entire universe whats to spend time with you! He wants a relationship with you! He loves you so much and He wants you to get to know Him.


426 Laurelwood Road
Pottstown, PA 19465
610-323-0480

Feel free to e-mail me:
Cindy Mckinley at:





Check out some of my other blogs:
The  Contest http://cccenterhope.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-contest.html






No comments: