Saturday, August 31, 2013

Life and Death

Have you ever stop to think how many choices we make in any given day? It begins the moment we wake up each morning. We make the choice to get out of bed or roll over and go back to sleep. We choose whether we will go to work or stay home. As we go throughout our day we are faced with choices everywhere we turn. 

When others do or say things that 'tick us off' we choose how we are going to respond. I recently heard that when something happens that upsets us we have a six second window to choose how we will respond to that situation. Six seconds can go by pretty fast.

Confession time here....I love doing for my family. But sometimes it would be nice to have their help. Like when we have all eaten dinner, which I have prepared, and everyone, except me, heads to the living room for a relaxing time in front of the television. Did you catch the part where I said, "Except Me!" While the entire family watches TV and talks and laughs together I am in the kitchen washing dishes and putting the leftovers away. 

This happened a few weeks ago. As I was doing the dishes I could hear the laughter in the living room. At that very moment I could literally feel the frustration starting to rise up within me. I then experienced that six seconds. I even said to myself, "Girl, you have a choice here. Are you going to get upset or just finish the work and join them?" I regret to tell you I did not make the right choice. I choose to get upset and feel sorry for myself. Although I never said a word to my family, they knew Momma wasn't happy.

Let's face it. We all have situations that causes us to become angry or feel as though we are being taken advantage of. No matter what the circumstance we are always faced with a choice as to how we will respond.

God gives us choices as well. He is not some super power in the sky who cracks a whip to make us obey Him. No, He allows us to choose.

In the book of Deuteronomy God says, "...I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live."

WOW! What a choice...Life or death....Blessings or curses. That seems like a no brainer to me. 

Choosing Life is choosing Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Jesus Said, "I Am the Way, the Truth and the LIFE. No one can come to the Father except through Me."

God doesn't make us choose Him. He gives us a choice to do so. By choosing Him we received life and blessings. By not choosing Him we receive death and curses. 

The choice is yours! Which will you choose today?


Father God, I pray for my readers today. May they choose life and blessings. Help them to know the deep love You have for them. Give them HOPE as they walk their journey on this earth. In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen


426 Laurelwood Road
Pottstown, PA 19465
610-323-0480

Feel free to e-mail me:
Cindy Mckinley at:


Check out some of my other blogs:


No comments: