Thursday, October 18, 2012

Conditions ~ Proverbs

The Benefit of Wisdom
Proverbs 2:1-9
God's Word Translation 


My son, if you take my words to heart and treasure my commands within you, if you pay close attention to wisdom, and let your mind reach for understanding, if indeed you call out for insight, if you ask aloud for understanding, if you search for wisdom as if it were money and hunt for it as if it were hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and you will find the knowledge of God. 

The Lord gives wisdom. From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He has reserved priceless wisdom for decent people. He is a shield for those who walk in integrity in order to guard those on paths of justice and to watch over the way of his godly ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good course in life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

God's word is filled with many promises, but each promise comes with an condition. If we meet the conditions then the promises are ours for the taking.

Father God in heaven, I will take Your words to heart and treasure your commands.  I will not be quick to make decisions but will allow myself to be guided by what is the wisest path to take. I will guard my mind as I reach for understanding. When I am unsure of what to do I will call out to you for insight and not hesitate to lean on Your understanding. I will search for wisdom as one digs for hidden treasure, because I know if I do I will then understand what is right and just and fair no matter what course I take in this life. 


Follow my blogs on the Book of Proverbs. Together we will learn how to live a life pleasing to God as we walk our journey on earth.
http://cccenterhope.blogspot.com/2012/10/proverbs-start-with-god-10152012.html
http://cccenterhope.blogspot.com/2012/10/to-wisdom-proverb-s-18-22-my-son-listen.html

http://cccenterhope.blogspot.com/2012/10/proverbs-gullible-people-10172012.html

 
426 Laurelwood Road
Pottstown, PA 19465
610-323-0480

Feel free to e-mail me at:
 

No comments: