Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Listen to Wisdom ~ Proverbs

 Listen to Wisdom
Proverbs 1:8-19
My son, listen to your father’s discipline, and do not neglect your mother’s teachings, because discipline and teachings are a graceful garland on your head and a golden chain around your neck.

My son, if sinners lure you, do not go along. If they say, “Come with us. Let’s set an ambush to kill someone. Let’s hide to ambush innocent people for fun. We’ll swallow them alive like the grave, like those in good health who go into the pit. We’ll find all kinds of valuable possessions. We’ll fill our homes with stolen goods. Join us. We’ll split the loot equally.”

My son, do not follow them in their way. Do not even set foot on their path, because they rush to do evil and hurry to shed blood. It does no good to spread a net within the sight of any bird. But these people set an ambush for their own murder. They go into hiding only to lose their lives. This is what happens to everyone who is greedy for unjust gain. Greed takes away his life.


Father, God may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight today. May I learn to be content with what I have and not allow greed to settle in my heart. In Jesus Name, Amen!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


God's Word Translation has been used for the scripture.
 
Join me each day as I go through the Book of Proverbs.
Together we will learn how to live a life pleasing to God as we walk our journey on earth.
http://cccenterhope.blogspot.com/2012/10/proverbs-start-with-god-10152012.html




 426 Laurelwood Road
Pottstown, PA 19465
610-323-0480



Feel free to e-mail me at:

No comments: