Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Gullible People ~ Proverbs

Gullible People
Proverbs 1:20-33
Wisdom sings her song in the street. In the public squares she raises her voice. At the corners of noisy streets she calls out. At the entrances to the city she speaks her words, “How long will you gullible people love being so gullible? How long will you mockers find joy in your mocking? How long will you fools hate knowledge?

“Turn to me when I warn you. I will generously pour out my spirit for you. I will make my words known to you.

“I called, and you refused to listen. I stretched out my hands to you, and no one paid attention. You ignored all my advice. You did not want me to warn you. I will laugh at your calamity. I will make fun of you when panic strikes you, when panic strikes you like a violent storm, when calamity strikes you like a wind storm, when trouble and anguish come to you.

“They will call to me at that time, but I will not answer. They will look for me, but they will not find me, because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord. They refused my advice. They despised my every warning. They will eat the fruit of their lifestyle. They will be stuffed with their own schemes.

 “Gullible people kill themselves because of their turning away. Fools destroy themselves because of their differences. But whoever listens to me will live without worry and will be free from the dread of disaster.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Our world is filled with people who think they have all the answers. They refuse to be 'told what to do' by any one, whether through advice or warnings. These very people are the ones God is referring to in the book of Proverbs.

All throughout the Holy Bible we can read of the warnings, the advice, and the guidance God gives to those who are willing to listen to Him. He also makes it very clear as to what will happen to those who done listen.     

Father God, in heaven, as I go throughout the day my I be quick to listen for Your voice and even quicker to obey Your Word. My all I do and say help others to know there is hope and joy in this life. In Jesus name, Amen!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Follow my blogs on the Book of Proverbs. Together we will learn how to live a life pleasing to God as we walk our journey on earth.

http://cccenterhope.blogspot.com/2012/10/proverbs-start-with-god-10152012.html
http://cccenterhope.blogspot.com/2012/10/to-wisdom-proverb-s-18-22-my-son-listen.html



 
426 Laurelwood Road
Pottstown, PA 19465
610-323-0480

Feel free to e-mail me at:

No comments: