Friday, October 4, 2013

Wars, Famines, & Earthquakes

Jesus sat, talking privately with His disciples concerning the end times. They asked His, "When will this happen and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?" Jesus replied, "Watch out that no one deceives you." He wanted them to know that in the end time many will come using His name, claiming to be the Messiah and many people will be deceived." He went on to say, "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. These things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains." Matthew 24:3-8

According to Jesus, three things in particular will increase in frequency and intensity as the time draws closer to His return: Wars, Famines, Earthquakes.

As a believer in Jesus Christ, I have HOPE in knowing that all the happenings in our world today are leading up to His return. For those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and have become devoted followers of Him that day will be filled with great joy. However, those who have not accepted Him will find themselves in a world that will be a billion times worse than it is now.

Maybe you have been wondering about all the things you are hearing in the news lately. Maybe you have even thought about the end of the world and found yourself becoming fearful. And maybe you have tried 'church' before and found it was not what you thought it would be. 

Christianity is not just about going to church. It's about having a relationship with Jesus Christ Himself. That's what sets us apart from all the other 'religions' in the world.

If you have tried church, tried religion before and still feel empty inside, I invite you to give Jesus as try. He will NOT disappoint you!

Prayer:
Dear God in Heaven,
I come to your right now asking you to help me. It is true that I have tried this 'church thing' and I still feel empty inside. I may not understand how this 'Jesus thing' works but I am willing to give it a try. So, right now I ask You to forgive me for all my sin. (If specific things come to mind, tell God what they are. He already knows, He just wants you to confess them.) I invite Jesus to come into my life and give me peace. Show me God, what it means to have a relationship with Jesus. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!
 
If you live in the Pottstown, PA area I invite you to join us at Calvary Christian Center, a place where you can learn how to know Jesus in a personal way.  It's also a place where you will find people who will love you and help you on your new journey. 
 
 
426 Laurelwood Road
Pottstown, PA 19465
610-323-0480

Feel free to e-mail me:
Cindy Mckinley at:


Check out some of my other blogs:
 
*Scripture was taken from the NIV Translation

No comments: