Friday, May 16, 2014

Baby Miracel

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16


I just received a call that our dear friend, Karen, went home to be with her Lord in December. (That explains why she did not return my call nor answer me emails.) Karen lived in Wells, ME. She and I first connected via email because of a blog I had written, titled 'Cranky Old Man'. Our love for Jesus quickly drew our hearts together. However, I never told her anything personal about my family. We talked about MIRACLES and how God was able to do anything, because nothing is impossible for Him. Karen had struggled with cancer and was declared cancer free. She knew about miracles. We talked about intercessory prayer and how God would find the oddest times to call upon us to pray.
 

Karen knew nothing about the upcoming birth of our grandson. However, the night of his birth (6 weeks before his due date). God spoke to Karen and told her to pray for an unborn grandson. She asked God, "Is it my grandson?" Her daughter-in-law was expecting a son and was having the same difficulties my daughter-in-law was having. God said, "No, but it is someone's grandson. Get up and pray." Arguing with God, Karen insisted that she didn't know anyone who was having a baby boy, except her daughter-in-law.
Karen told it this way, God said, "I SAID, 'GET UP AND PRAY NOW!'"

At 11:30pm, in Wells, Maine, Karen got out of bed and began to pray for an unborn grandson, some where out there. She prayed: 


"Father, God, please take care of your little one somewhere and help him during his difficulty and help him to be a wonder for your service, whether he be a preacher or a teacher and let him always know that YOU took care of him during his time of need."

What Karen didn't know was that, in PA, my unborn grandson's heart rate dropped to 40 and his mother was rushed into the operating room for emergency C-Section. The time...11:30pm.
At 12:50 my grandson came into the world.  

When the doctor opened the mother she was shocked at what she found. The cord was wrapped around his neck three times and the cord was not attached completely to the placenta. The cord had grown tiny blood vessels, at the end, and attached itself to the outer wall of the placenta. The placenta was completely dead and black. 

Our grandson was quickly taken to the NICU where he spent the first 24 hours of his life. To everyone surprise he was perfectly healthy!

After finishing the surgery, the doctor left the operating room and placed a phone call to a research firm, who requested that the placenta be sent to them.

Upon returning to the operating room the doctor declared that our grandson was totally100% a miracle baby. She proceeded to tell the parents, "Only one percent of a pregnancies are like this and every baby that has gone full term is stillborn."

Words can't express the love I have for my heavenly Father for watching out for my precious grandson and for bringing Karen into my life...through a blog of all things.

Today, Karen is enjoying the splendor of heaven and my grandson is doing wonderful. 

426 Laurelwood Road ~ Pottstown, PA 19465


Check out some of my other blogs:
Cranky Old Man http://cccenterhope.blogspot.com/2012/12/cranky-old-man.html






No comments: